Picoi The Game Boy Creature Picoi The Game Boy Creature

keep it simple :)

keeping it simple doesn't mean you don't have something to say in terms of music :) i like this one for it's simplicity.

The melody lines are well thought, this could be a part of past time 80's video game for a nes or a gameboy :)

DaVince responds:

Thanks! I tried to only use samples (square waves and what not) that the Game Boy could actually handle.

No Homers Club No Homers Club

I like

i just stumbled upon this one by a remix and after that i wanted to listen the original... which was really cool stuff comparing to the remix. thumbs up. keep on rocking!

midimachine responds:

whoa, who did a remix of this? :V

T-Rainclouds and Distractions T-Rainclouds and Distractions

hammering the piano is not art

Firstly sorry for this one, i came just from bar, so the review might be highly biased...

I'm not enjoying this one as it has drums and all that strings and for piano part... every note is equal weighted and like hammered forcefully in place they doesn't belong. In piano music is all about the feeling and the little nuances in the over all expression. Looks like you used either mouse or computer keyboard to hammer the notes in place. Sorry again, i don't know your musical background and skill level, but in piano music this is not the point, it's all in the overall performance, and looking at your age you should be able to deliver better experience... perhaps use a midi keyboard to play the notes live to sequencer to get better experience out the performance. Getting a midi keyboard is not that much of bucks away and you should have that kind of income anyway... :)

for reference shall i present one of my favourites.. Claude Debussy - Clair de luna... from youtube i found this one suitable for example for good reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2XzoA 94Zws

see how the notes are not hammered in place, but every note has elegantly it's magical touch in the performance. sorry again, i just came from bar and had look on this one, i know my taste is demanding and don't hesitate to give harsh feedback when i feel like it, even if I can't even myself take my own music to the level i want but i try my best on my behalf :/

[d] dirty rich and famous [d] dirty rich and famous

where is the lyrics, where is your message ?

it's just a background without lyrics... not much worth anything as the genre is hiphop where the lyrics is everything :)

This is Forever~Bliss This is Forever~Bliss

a polished stone.

9/10 for your work/effort to make a finished product, the starting point - your version 1 (~bliss) was like most of my own starters, an unpolished stone - which after finishing and polishing and thinking and more hours put in to finishing usually comes something good :)

xninja04 responds:

Thank you so much! This means alot, really! I thought it needed something extra y'know? I guess I gave it what it needed! I'm glad you like it! ^^

Flying to Ibiza Flying to Ibiza

Cool tune and needs little more work

Lemon you said quite all what i had in my mind also.

Needs mastering - what exactly:
the mid-area of the frequencies!
You have good bass and high frequency respond, but don't forget the mix needs also the middle part :) That also unfortunately means that you have to build the frequency areas in the song structure itself - maybe to fix this, try add more mid/bass for the vocals and the pads :)

N/A - Game Over N/A - Game Over

Massive

Love it, has dubstep vibe and it sounds just right!
I have same thoughts as Hurks, make more, this is good stuff!

~SW~ Soul Core ~SW~ Soul Core

smooth operator

a song in minor... it gives nice mood to the song.
starts really great and smooth, great atmosphere. The 7 and dim chords works great :)

at 1:00 happens something in the overall mix.. the balance is not smooth anymore, the arp... it ruins the smooth feeling, it's way too loud for my taste, and so the solos are mixed lower than the filler arp. I like the bass. Drums could be maybe more jazzier? try to break from the bassdrum 1-3 and snare 2-4... try listening for example Dave Weckl and songs like Afrique or In Common, and in overall escape from the structures what you learn in classical music school, for example try if you can use other scale mods and major or minor or the blues scale as your base for solos - then it starts to get interesting =)

SkyeWint responds:

Hello!

"at 1:00 happens something in the overall mix.. the balance is not smooth anymore, the arp... it ruins the smooth feeling, it's way too loud for my taste, and so the solos are mixed lower than the filler arp."

At that point, the delayed arps aren't fillers. They're the solo right there before the saxophone comes in. The 'solo' is actually the background, I tried to keep it from overpowering the arps that's the actual solo. I guess it's not quite to your taste, and I apologize.

"I like the bass."

Yay!

"Drums could be maybe more jazzier? try to break from the bassdrum 1-3 and snare 2-4... try listening for example Dave Weckl and songs like Afrique or In Common"

Ok, I'll definitely try to listen to some of those and see if it can give a better groove. The drums weren't actually supposed to be overly jazzy, by the way. They were supposed to work up a nice groove you could bob your head to. The rest of the song was supposed to be more jazzy.

"try if you can use other scale mods and major or minor or the blues scale as your base for solos - then it starts to get interesting =)"

Ah, try listening to the solos a bit more. I actually do use the minor blues scale. I very much like the blues scale, it's hard to sound 'bad' when you use it. Also, if you listen to some of the other chords (mainly towards the end), they're jazz chords.

Overall, thank you for the review, I'll be sure to check out some of the fuzzy areas you were talking about. Hope to bring more music like this in the future!

New: Activation - Dj Jäger New: Activation - Dj Jäger

holy #¤%

Happy xmas!
You are wrong forum with this kind of material! Get your self a publisher man and take coin out of your skills.

Basilisk responds:

Haha if only gaining pub was that easy, but thanks bro! Look out for my upcoming EP free for download "Digital Wolf EP" I'll keep you guys posted on it if you follow my profile. Peace bro! And thanks again!

Space Opera: New Eden Space Opera: New Eden

approved.

Works great, is simple enough, maybe only little more automation and variations on TB303 loop :) Could be background music for slow paced space game or when player is at space station. For my opinion it has the right atmosphere for space-theme.

+1 for not using drums.